Mr. Imtiaz ABDULLA, Vice President
Place of Birth: Kwa Zulu Natal
- Corporate Wellness Qualification from the Institute of Aerobic Research in Dallas TexaCorporate Texas
- Sports Rehabilitation Diploma from the American College of Sports Medicine
- Gym Management Diploma from the University of Pretoria.
- Diploma in Fitness Leadership from ITC College
- Small Business Management Diploma from the Wits Business School.
- Currently studying through The South African Institute of Financial Markets for the International Investment Advice Certificate (IIAC) and completing an MBA through Business School of Netherlands. Also awaiting enrolment into the Robert Gordon University – Scotland (correspondence)
- 7th Dan Black Belt Karate, 6th Dan Black belt Kobudo, 6th Dan Black Belt Taekwondo
- Past President of the Karate Association of South Africa, the controlling authority for Karate in South Africa.
- President Union of African Karate Federation, a Confederation of Karate in Africa. It has 52 affiliated countries and 4.5 million members.
- Past President Martial Arts Authority of South Africa President World Karate Promotion Foundation (Africa) and Vice President World Karate Promotion Foundation
- Vice President World Karate Federation International Federation of karate with 167 member countries and 50 million members
- 1980-1982 Workshop Production Director, Interiors International - Responsible for the production of specialist furniture manufacturing. Included managing a staff of 60, developing budgets, and operating and expanding the business. This is a family business.
- 1983-1985 Electronic Telecommunication Technician, Teltech- Quality control and manufacturing and testing of SA128 telephone exchanges.
- 1985-1989 Health and Fitness Consultant, including implementating and managing of health and wellness centres for the Altech Executive Program.
- 1993-1997 Founder and CEO of IKKO Health and Wellness systems, a consultancy dealing with all matters on health and wellness.
- 1998 - 2000 General Manager of the 7th All Africa Games. This included managing –
- a human resources, games services and capital projects budget of R 70 million,
- the building of the All Africa Games village to the value R 200 million.
- 2000 - 2002 CEO of African Legends Financial Services (Proprietary) Limited, a financial services subsidiary of the African Legends Limited.
- 2002 – 2003 Executive Director of ENF Strategy Advisors (Proprietary) Limited, the public sector consulting arm of Nedcor Investment Bank Limited
- 2000-2006 Executive Chairman Avalanche-SA a consulting and Investment Company founded by Mr. Abdulla and Dr. Pather. CEO Veterans Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- 2006 to current Chairman Ukubona Holdings (Pty) Ltd Chairman Securelink (Pty) Ltd Executive Director Sky Petroleum Ltd Chairman yorkshire Oil and Gas SA (Pty) Ltd Vice President Yorkshire Petroleum Ltd - Nigeria
- Treasurer ANC Johannesburg regional
- Founding member of the Non Racial Sports Movement that created the National Sports and Olympic Sports Congress
- Founding member of the National Sports Council Founding member of National Olympic Committee of South Africa
- Assisted in drafting the white paper on Sports in South Africa.
- President Union of African Karate Federation
- President African International Bodyguard and Security Association (IBSSA)
- Vice President International Bodyguard and Security Association (IBSSA)
- Vice President World Koshiki Karate Federation (Tokyo, Japan)
- Total SA BEE
- Harmony Gold African Legend Bid
- Epiuse Ukubona / Edison Merger
- Stanlib BEE
My IBSSA - Sign in or Register
Report about the IBSSA Balkan and European Special Conference on Education, Human Trafficking and Terrorism
The European Centre for Peace and Development (ECPD) in Belgrade, Serbia is the sole University, which was established by a UN resolution, and has extraterritorial diplomatic status – recognised worldwide. Dr. Bogdan Vukosavljevic, member of the IBSSA Executive Committee, Docent of the Field Security and Terrorism at the University, hosted the meeting in this prestigious Institute. Participants of the Conference: Prof. dr. Ljubiša Adamović Prof. dr. George Popper IBSSA (Hungary) H.E. Prof. dr. Djordje Lopčić ECPD Mr. Miklos Andrási IBSSA (Hungary) Mr Boris Vukosavljević SEBA (Slovenia) Mr. Attila Farkas SEBA (Hungary) Mr. Orlando Mardner IBSSA, SEBA (UK / Jamaica) Mr. Igor Bralo IBSSA, SEBA (Holland) Mr. Zijad Poljo IBSSA (Germany) Mr. Dalibor Višić IBSSA (Germany) Mr. Zoran Stanišljević SEBA (Bosnia-Herzegovina) Mr. Ilias Kontis IBSSA, SEBA (Greece) Dr. Bogdan Vukosavljević IBSSA, SEBA (Serbia) Mr. Rade Marković IBSSA (Serbia) Mr. Zeljko Gajic IBSSA (Serbia) Mr. Strahinja Lazarevic (Serbia) Mr. Vojislav Milošević (Serbia) Prof. Dr. Vladimir Jorga (Serbia) – President of the European Traditional Karate Federation
Executive Protection is perceived very exciting, not for the faint hearted, full of thrills and all the action one would expect from a Tom Cruise movie, but nothing could be further from the truth, since it is demanded of EPs to be at the job 120% (they’re there before the principal, and leave after he has left), long hours and very little shut-eye, did we mention a very high risk environment? EPs are all that stand between threats and their principal most of the time.
The lack of a standard in the industry has led to a very poor image of EPs, and the proliferation of Mikey Mouse (Rambo) companies that promise to have Super Men at the service of their protected, which turn out to be nothing more than a great show.
Members of the IBSSA Anti-Human Trafficking Project (AHTP), under the direction of Mr. Fernando Figueroa – Bureau Chief in the Dominican Republic, conduct a community outreach program in the village of Batey La Canada, a suburb of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.